Training the Body & Brain The nervous system is amazingly plastic and adaptable. More efficient movement patterns are the key to enjoying your favorite activities, sports, and life.
The simplest way to assess this is to note if you are currently in pain, have restricted ranges of motion, or have difficulty performing any activity.
- Wear and tear of tissues
- Weakening of tissues and muscles
- Joint stiffness or inflammation
- General weakness and fatigue
- Coordination deficits
- Poor performance
- Poor or worsening posture
Our physiology is hard-wired to always make us better at exactly what we do! This means that your current body is the result of habitual activities.
- Survival - Priority #1
- "Runs the whole show"
- Beautifully designed adaptation machine
- Can be efficiently or inefficiently trained
- Governs strength and performance
- Changes through movement
- Lighting fast signals
- Deliberate practice is KEY
Whenever you move a joint through all of its potential ranges of motion, the body’s proprioceptive awareness and control is dramatically enhanced.
- Increased joint range of motion
- Improved motion coordination and strength
- Enhanced joint lubrication
- Improved body awareness, coordination, and agility
- Increased connective tissue strength
- Enhanced proprioception and injury resistance
- Dramatic postural improvement
- Increased strength and athletic movement skill
- Mental sharpness
“Very thankfully, I found Brian, who over the course of only a few months brought me to the point where I often forget I had ever suffered a severe injury.”Nancy BarronWriter
“Brian’s style of instruction has worked well for me because he explains in depth the principles behind the exercises in which we engage.”Bill KeyesRetired Red Line T Operator
“I have just now begun to understand how my body is supposed to move in a more efficient manner, whether in Martial Arts, or everyday movement, such as walking down the street!”John JacobsRoyal Air Technologies Owner and Martial Artist
“Within 2 months of training from Brian, my mom made tremendous progress with her mobility and her overall well-being.”Shiva KashalkarInternational Telecom
"Throughout my youth I had been entirely graceless and clumsy in every sport, but that was simply no longer true. A year ago I would not have believed that I would now be training to fence competitively."Henri Tannas, M.D.Otolaryngologist Head and Neck Surgeon
“The results have been pretty miraculous. The knot in my back is gone, my leg strength is coming back, I walk more relaxed, I’m becoming more flexible and I am back to skiing full days again.”Jim KirkerMusician/Ski Instructor